Dear Varghese Orthodontics Family,
We are now open for in-office patient care! The healthy and safety of our patients, team, and community have always been and continue to be our #1 priority. Illinois State Dental Society, Governor Pritzker’s Administration, and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) have issued guidance to begin reopening dental offices starting May 11th. We have been monitoring the most current recommendations on how to keep our patients safe during our in-office visits. While many things will change, our uncompromising commitment to your SAFETY will remain the same. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. We will continue to follow infection control guidelines from the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. These changes have been made to protect our patients and our team:
- We will be reducing the total number of patients seen per day in each office. Appointment times will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- For your appointments, you will be asked to go to our website to download, sign, and email us back both a supplemental health questionnaire (every visit)and a supplemental informed consent form (one time). We ask that any patients who may have symptoms or have been exposed to someone ill to reschedule their appointments.
- When you arrive at our office, please call us. We will let you know when the patient can come into our office to minimize the number of people in our office at one time.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it to your appointment to follow the state and federal guidelines.
- We will ask you to immediately sanitize your hands with hand sanitizer that we provide.
- Every individual that enters the office, including our team, will have their temperature taken. Anyone with a temperature at or exceeding 100.4 F will not be permitted in the office. If you feel sick or have a fever, please cancel your appointment.
- We will be restricting the office to patients and our team only. If it is absolutely necessary, the patient may be accompanied by one adult. No siblings or friends will be allowed in the office.
- We will be removing magazines from the reception area and closing game stations. Our check-in station will not be open. Gigi/Lindsey will check you in.
- Please brush and floss your teeth before coming to the office as our tooth-brushing stations will be closed. In addition, we ask that patients use the bathroom only if urgent. Please plan accordingly.
- At the conclusion of your appointment, we will communicate treatment updates to parents/ guardians. Please call to schedule your next visit at 630-907-9680.
We will gladly answer any questions that you may have about the steps we have taken to keep you safe. Giving you the empowering smile that you deserve while keeping you safe is our top priority. Our practice would not exist without our amazing patients and we are so grateful for each and every one of you. To stay current, connect, follow, and reach out to us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter! Take care and keep smiling. We look forward to seeing you.
Dr. Shaun Varghese & Team